I’m not usually into the idea of New Year === fresh start. Its just an arbitrary date in the cosmic scheme of things. However, this year feels necessarily different.
2018 was a tough one for me. There are some particular reasons for that and some less easy to put my finger on. Regardless, I am pretty pleased 2018 ended when it did (and good riddance).
I feel like 2019 will be a more positive year. I don’t do resolutions as that’s an unnecessary pressure to put on yourself. That said, there are definitely things I want to do differently this year. I want to affect my year as much as I can by changing a few habits of my own. To help me I’ve decided to publish an unordered lists of those things.
- Be. More. Positive
- See more live art and comedy
- Go on more dates with SH
- Be more understanding of things that irritate me (that includes myself)
- Exercise more
- Eat better and drink better
- Wear shirts
- Read more
- Write more
- Be interested
- Focus on things that are in my ability to change or affect
- Worry less about things that I have no control over
- Chew gum
- Meditate if/when I feel like
- Play more
- Get regular haircuts
Hopefully next year’s list will be shorter.